This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details. We will also explain how we adhere to your rights under the GDPR, DPA and PECR. Additionally, we will also explain the uses of cookies, advertising or commercial sponsorship from third parties (if any) and the download of any documents, files or software made available to you (if any) on this website. Further explanations may be provided for specific pages or features of this website to help you understand how we, this website and its third parties (if any) interact with you and your computer / device to serve you. Our contact information is provided if you have any questions.
The DPA and GDPR May 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into effect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
We want you to know your rights with the data we have collected. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informedYou have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This includes purposes for data processing, our retention periods for the personal data and who it will be shared with.
- The right of accessYou have the right to access your personal data that we have.
- The right of rectificationYou have the right to rectify any inaccurate information that you have provided at an earlier date.
- The right to erasureYou have the right to have your data erased. This means we will delete the information that we have stored.
- The right to restrict processingYou have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This means that we may keep the data stored however we will not process it in any way.
- The right to data portabilityYou have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes.
- Right to objectYou have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interest or performance of a task in the public interest / exercise of official authority. You can also object to direct marketing and processing your data for purpose of scientific / historical research and statistics.
Please note that most of the above rights will require an email or phone call to let us know what you wish to do. We will contact you back with when it has been completed. Additionally, for the right of erasure, we will also delete any communications that were asking for and confirming the erasure to ensure a full deletion of the data.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. For more information, please see this explanation of cookies.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses a third-party tracking software; Google Analytics. Google Analytics sends messages to the Google Analytics Server that indicate what the user is doing. For example, a user clicked on a social media link or watched a video.
We use this data to better optimize our website to the needs of our users.
Contact and Communication With Us
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
We always request a name, email and phone number. This is so we know how to address you and how to contact you. This information is kept private and secure on our web-server. The only people who have access to this information are the website administrators and a designated director who will be viewing the contact details and will be responding to your queries.
Once this process is finished, the data is kept securely on the web-server unless specified otherwise. We keep this data so can reflect on it at a later date as it provides us with insight into what our users are querying. For example, if a particular query is becoming common, we will then know there is a common problem and we can take steps to rectify the issue which will hopefully provide a better user experience.
We provide a quote service for free, for any interested users. This quote service requires several pieces of personal data which are:
This data is used to allow us to:
- Contact you at all stages through quote
- Organise a survey team to head to your property to review it to provide you with a quote
- Review our customers locations so we may better market ourselves better
We consider this process to be part of our contract basis for gathering of data as we are taking specific steps before entering into a specific contract. You still have most of your rights besides your right to object since we are required to process the data to provide you with the quote.
Our telephone system is capable of recording conversations. Like most organisations, this is a standard practice which allows the recording of telephone calls for training and security purposes. This data is stored on a secure server that only authorised users are allowed access.
The use of this data will include the following:
- Allow us to find areas that could do with improving in our customer service
- Have a detailed history about what has been said
- Security of our employees
We consider this to be a Legitimate Interest as we want to improve our customer service and require data to see what we do well in and what we can improve on. We also want a recording of any verbal abuse that may be directed at our employees.
Please note that recording starts as soon as you dial our number, so any comments made before our side have picked up the phone will also be recorded as well as anyone talking in the background.
Information collected by us
In order to process requests for quotations, fulfil contracts and deliver our services to you it is necessary that we collect the following personal information from you:
- Telephone number
- Email address
We collect data from the following sources
- Third-party data companies
- Door to door
- Instore promotions
- Via Website
How to complain
We hope that our Compliance Department can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you could email email@example.com.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner whose contact information can be obtained via this link: www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
v 1.2 October 2019 Created by: Windows Plus Roofs.